Community Outreach Manager
The Community Outreach Manager is responsible for developing and supporting outreach partnerships to increase awareness of, support for, and referrals for CCTC’s programs. The Community Outreach Manager ensures that the strategy of community engagement is integrated into all aspects of CCT’s work including, but not limited to, marketing, communications and partnerships. By staying informed in the field of community outreach, and through the assessment of participant feedback, this position will contribute to thought leadership at CCTC as it pertains to community outreach, community assets, development, programming, and stakeholder engagement. The Community Outreach Manager requires a hands-on approach to supporting the Development and Marketing function and the organization’s programs and services.
Essential Responsibilities Includes:
- Develop and support outreach partnerships to increase awareness of, support for, and referrals for CCTC’s programs
- Create a plan and participate in community activities to promote awareness of CCTC such as tabling activities and managing volunteers
- Assist in coordinating relationship building with legislators and community leaders
- Create and maintain a comprehensive plan to cultivate and sustain relationships with community members, community partners, institutions, key stakeholders, and legislators
- Collaborate and assist in the creation of marketing materials
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Assist with the implementation of an annual advocacy event
- Collaborate with organizations providing resources, outreach, and education
- Represent CCTC at community events and meetings
- Collaborate with all levels of management across programs to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Bachelor’s Degree required
3-5 years of related work experience in Community Outreach, Engagement, Business, Social Work, Education or related field, preferred
Preferred experience within non-profit industry or with outreach activities
Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to develop strong relationships and effectively communicate with both internal and external audiences
Strong interpersonal, business relationship cultivation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
Demonstrated experience working with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time, set priorities and consistently meet time lines.
Ability to organize meetings with stakeholders across multiple levels of the organization.
Strong Excel, data tracking and reporting skills.
Demonstrated commitment to building diverse work environments.
Able to handle sensitive, confidential information with integrity and professionalism