CCTC is looking for a Controller that will be a problem solver – building and implementing internal controls for an organization with a budget of $27 million and growing. The Controller leads all day-to-day accounting operations of a budget of $30 million with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants/funding administration, and directs the activities of the Accounting staff.
- Managing general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and payroll functions and support professional development of team members
- Coordinating and lead the annual audit and 990
- Directing and supervising monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing procedures including reconciliations, allocations and postings
- Preparing monthly financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows as well as ad hoc reporting (regulatory, bank, etc.)
- Overseeing all financial aspects for grants management including tracking receipts and expenditures and supporting Development team in financial reporting
- Analyzing general ledger accounts and other systems to ensure compliance with GAAP and other regulatory standards
- Developing, implementing and documenting accounting policies and procedures including internal controls
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, including handling ad hoc projects as necessary, and other duties as designated
A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with a minimum of 5 years senior accounting and supervisory experience required. Non-profit accounting experience/CPA preferred, but not required.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Strong team player.
Strong project management skills and the ability to organize and lead cross-functional workflows.
Proficiency in electronic accounting and database systems.
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and Excel modeling.
Experience in grant management and accounting; knowledge of Abila nonprofit accounting software and Ultimate Software payroll application a plus.
Prior experience in billing and collections in a healthcare environment preferred but not required.
Covid-19 vaccination required.