At Children’s Crisis Treatment Center (CCTC), our staff is dedicated to addressing the impact of childhood traumatic events and other challenges. The Teacher will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team whose focus will be to teach the content areas of the early childhood or elementary curriculum at the Cornerstone Center which is an Acute Partial Program that will serve children ages 5-13 presenting with crisis and behavioral health issues.
- Coordinating academic lesson plans with children, families, and schools
- Maintaining effective implementation of School District of Philadelphia Curriculum with each client, including one hour of individual instruction per day including mathematics, language arts, science, art, and other appropriate subjects
- Coordinating with individual schools within 5 days of admission to obtain IEP (Individualized Educational Plan), 504b plan, and curriculum based school work to utilize for individualized instruction per child
- Assessing each child reading and ability level within first 5 days of admission
- Completing at least two notes per child within 20 day admission
- Documenting outcome measures (child’s progress/challenges) during academic period
- Attending classroom meetings (2x per month per classroom) and all team meetings
- Attending CCTC mandatory trainings as well as trainings required for continued certification in Elementary Education, including Professional Development Day training provided by the School District of Philadelphia
- Immediately employing Sanctuary Model with clients, families and staff and monitors its use in the Acute Partial Program in order to effectively maintain the Sanctuary Model for all
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and has a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate in Special/Elementary Education or Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Intern Certificate in Special/Elementary Education.
Minimum of one-year experience teaching children grades K through 8th.
Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Covid-19 Vaccination required.